Wednesday 21 November 2007

What's happening today...?

I thought it would be interesting to let you know about what happens in a typical day at Language in London. It's 0955 now... and the day looks very full.

Firstly, the English lessons all started at 0915. Some of our students are getting a bit nervous because they are preparing for Cambridge exams (First Certificate, Advanced, Proficiency) and the speaking tests are this week.

We are also hosting a workshop today for SOAS, which is one of the colleges of the University of London. The session today is on reading skills for early-years learners.

This afternoon, Caroline, our photographer, is coming to take some more photos for our new brochure and website. The sky is blue and we don't want to miss this opportunity.

Later today, I'm going to be looking at a new development for the online e-learning programme we give to our students. This is one of the exciting projects that Language in London is involved in to make the learning experience better for our students.

At 1800, the evening students will start arriving for their IELTS class and I will be ready to go home and watch the England - Croatia game on the tv!

Hope you have a good day.

Stuart Rubenstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stuart,

Even if the results of the match are not the best for England, hope all the staff and studens are doing well in London. I´m currently on my RTW trip and thanks to Camden College I met up some classmates in Asia and South America... Around the world. And I´m always checking your blog too..., it´s simply good to know what´s happening in my school! My next station is Chilenien Patagonia and after that I´m flying to Buenos Aires. Whether you´ve time, go to www.mytb.org/sorry to catch up with me.

All the best,

Denis (HU)